JBS Fabrication Ltd has partnered with Breton Industries USA to provide blast, frag, fire, ballistic and arc flash protection to safeguard people against hazards using our BlastTac range of products.
BlastTac utilises the best available next-generation fabrics to create the world’s safest technologies and innovations. High pressure test containment solutions inherently utilised steel barriers. BlastTac solutions are lighter, more flexible, they are also verified by third parties such as Lloyds Register, UL and DNV GL. BlastTac is the best available technology and next generation for pressure test blast containment.
BlastTac blast curtains and blast blankets are incredibly lightweight, completely non-flammable (when combined with FireMax fire protection) and more effective than steel.
For protection in high-temperature applications, BlastTac created FireMax®. FireMax curtains, blankets, and fire barriers provide fire, heat and arc flash protection in addition to blast protection. Truly non-flammable, these curtains and blankets will not burn, melt or ignite and will also shed molten metal, certain chemicals, flammable liquids, and other molten substances. FireMax fire protection items are also re-usable even after intense heat and flame exposure.
The key to safety is in your hands – JBS BlastTac advanced fabric solutions are internationally recognised and utilised in many industries providing cost effective blast protection for personnel and equipment.
- Automated Pressure Test Bay Roof Protection
- Blast and Frag Containment
- Fire Protection using Firemax – Designed to survive fire and heat. FireMax is truly non-flammable
- Acoustic Protection and Noise Reduction
- Arc Flash & Pressure Test Barriers, Blankets, Wraps & Curtains
- Ballistic Protection
- Blast Walls for Buildings and Parking Lots with Flexible Installation Plans
- Designed to contain flying debris and explosive overpressure – our blast protection systems offer exceptional protection and blast containment in the event of equipment failure during pressure testing
- Complete turnkey solution from design, site survey, manufacture and installation onshore / offshore global locations
- 3rd party verification, assessment and certifications from DNV, Lloyds Register, BV, ASTM and UL
Ballistic Protection Example:
Our ballistic capabilities are breaking new records for protection. They exceed any product available on the market today and withstand multiple shots in clear, hard armor and flexible solutions.
- Composit Clear Armor – .50 Cal solution, (Windows)
- Composit Clear Armor – .338 Lapua solution, (Windows)
- Composit Clear Armor – 7.62 x 51 AP solution, (Windows)
- Composit Armor Opaque – .50 Cal solution (Door panel)
- Composit Armor Opaque – .338 Lapua solution (Door panel)
- Composit Armor Opaque – 7.62 x 51 AP solution (Door panel)
- Composit Soft Armor – .50 Cal solution (Flexible)
- Composit Soft Armor solution – .338 Lapua (Flexible)
- Composit Soft Armor solution – 7.62 x 51 AP (Flexible)
- IED barrier, Hard solution (Deck Armor) “Blast Only”
Offshore oil & gas installation blast protection
Every two to three weeks, all offshore rigs are required to perform BOP/ C & K Manifold pressure tests. As a result, high-pressure testing requires rig floor operations to shut down which is costly for rig contractors and operators. (Reference API standard 53 – Blowout prevention for Drilling Wells).
Introducing, the next generation best available technology for oil & gas installation blast containment – the SB72FM Series. These blast curtains and blast blankets are engineered specifically for high-pressure testing safety for blast protection on gas and oil rigs. With up to hundreds of hours lost to testing every year, the SB72FM Series is designed to reduce the time that rig operations are shut down.
BlastTac is the only truly non-flammable fabric available which has been approved by the oil & gas industry for hazardous area installation at onshore and offshore locations. Our solutions provide fire and blast protection, acoustic protection, and perform as an arc flash barrier making them truly versatile.
High pressure testing blast protection
The SB72FM Series is effective against both deformable and non-deformable threats, which are more prevalent and lethal than bullets. Similarly, SB Series blast curtains and blast blankets are UL752 tested to levels 1, 2, 2+, 3 and 3+. Because the SB Series is able to survive ballistics, frag, fire, and give arc flash protection, it is also employed by USA military and police forces for protection against gunfire and explosions.
BlastTac blast curtains and blast blankets are lightweight, durable, and mobile barrier systems that also provide long-lasting waterproof protection. The SB72FM Series is equipped to provide reliable ballistic protection against high-pressure projectiles, blasts and fragments.
Firemax® fireproof protection
For high-temperature and fire protection, the SB72FM Series features new FireMax 777 technology. This woven fabric is designed to survive fire, heat and arc flash using a single blast curtain. Because it is truly non-flammable, FireMax material will not burn, melt or ignite and will also shed molten metal, certain chemicals, flammable liquids and other molten substances making it the perfect fire barrier. Similarly, it is breathable, water-resistant and durable in harsh weather conditions.
Independently tested and certified by Chesapeake Testing Labs, located in North Carolina, BlastTac blast curtains and blast blankets are tested in accordance with U.S. Military, UL standards and ASTM International Test Standards. An independent assessment was also performed by DNV GL to confirm that the SB Series is equipped to provide oil rig blast containment.
3rd party verification, assessment and certification by Lloyds register.
- Oil & Gas Onshore & Offshore
- Mining and Smelters
- Industrial pressure test centres
- Employed by USA military and police forces for protection against gunfire and explosions
- Power Generation